On Tuesday 17 April 2007 22:59, Arno Lehmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 4/17/2007 2:04 PM, Silver Salonen wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm using Bacula 2.0.1 on FreeBSD-4.9.
> >
> > In console "status dir":
> > =====
> > Running Jobs:
> >  JobId Level   Name                       Status
> >   7617 Full    rakvere.2007-04-17_11.29.52 is waiting for Client
rakvere-fd to
> > connect to Storage storage-rakvere
> >   7618 Full    paide.2007-04-17_11.34.35 is waiting for Client paide-fd to
> > connect to Storage storage-paide
> > =====
> >
> > They've been hanging there for 4 hours now, so I wanted to just cancel
them.

> > In console "cancel jobid=7617":
> > =====
> > 3904 Job rakvere.2007-04-17_11.29.52 not found.
> > =====
> >
> > "cancel jobid=7618":
> > =====
> > 3904 Job paide.2007-04-17_11.34.35 not found.
> > =====
>
> Interesting... when I cancel a job like this, I always get TWO lines of
> messages. One from the DIR, one from the SD or FD, I think.
>
> > After a while they still got cancelled, so these error messages were a
little
> > misleading.
> >
> > A bug?
>
> Or possible the rwason why the jobs were hanging around... like the DIR
> still knew of them, but the SD or FD was restarted in between. This, at
> least, is usually the reason when I get the "not found" messages.
> Accompanied, to emphasize that, usually by a message that the job was
> canceled.
>
> Arno

Hm, yes, maybe I did restart SD. But to my mind I did it before starting the
first job. When the job had been hanging there for a while (waiting for SD),
I just restarted SD again and hoped the job gets an error or smth. But it
didn't. So I just started the other job from another client.

Today I see that both of these jobs got "operation timed out" for the SD
(these messages lasted about 4,5 hours until the final error was returned),
so I guess there's something misconfigured in SD's TLS or smth.

--
Silver