Hi Bacula Users:
Thanks for the bconsole tip. It's working ok except once when it hung. I am
using Bacula-9.6.7 (10 December 2020) x86_64-pc-linux-gnu ubuntu 18.04.

I have a situation where I was forced to create two new MediaTypes for my
volumes called "Online" and "Offline" to correspond to the ones on HDD and
BD-RE, respectively.

The MediaType was previously "File" on all volumes.

Unfortunately this has led to unusable volumes for the time being. I have
not found a way to modify the MediaType after creation and labeling. New
volumes are coming up as "Online" alright, but the database is very
confused and the director keeps attempting to create volume files which
already exist.

Oh dear, bconsole hung again:
*mount
The defined Catalog resources are:
     1: MyCatalog
     2: isidore-Catalog
     3: athanasius-Catalog
     4: matthew-Catalog
     5: felicity-Catalog
Select Catalog resource (1-5): 1
Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
The defined Storage resources are:
     1: Online
     2: Offline
Select Storage resource (1-2): 2
^C^C^C^Z
^\

Anyway, I have scoured Baculum and Bconsole and not found any way to modify
MediaType. Would a direct SQL query be necessary? What shape would that
take?

Thanks all!
Robert