On 6/2/23 08:59, Phil Stracchino wrote:

Keep in mind that a reload will not affect already-running jobs, and
*some* changes may not take effect in already *scheduled* jobs.

All true. :)

And some settings (just a few that I am aware of) in the Director actually
require a restart to take affect.

Based on personal experience, after reloading I also recommend
restarting the Director when opportunity presents itself.  (i.e when
there are no running jobs).  I have found in the past that after
multiple reloads, stability deteriorates.  It SHOULDN'T, in theory, but
nevertheless sometimes it does.

Hello Phil,

For the record, and for completeness, do you think you can describe some of the
things that seem to become unstable?

I am asking out of curiosity because I don't believe I have seen this, and who
knows, maybe I have and just didn't make the
correlation and your experiences might turn on a light bulb. :)

Best regards,
Bill

--
Bill Arlo