If yes, and you have a few minutes, I'd really like to have a general
discussion about this topic.

I have written a new mtx-changer-python.py script as a "drop-in" replacement
for the current mtx-changer bash/perl script -
with some additional features like much better logging capabilities, and the
ability to auto-clean tape drives which require
cleaning.

The script is 99.99% ready, with full support for Linux and FreeBSD, but I have
too many open questions about Solaris to be
able to release this "as-is" and be able to call it a drop-in replacement.

Last night was the first time I have touched Solaris since 2001, so to say I am
rusty would be an understatement. :)

Please email me directly off the list if you have such an environment and a few
minutes to talk with me about this. I guess
email exchanges are OK too if talking is not your thing. :)

Thank you,
Bill

--
Bill Arlofski