On 7/4/23 19:48, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
Another followup. One thing I learned, I need to remove all the Ubuntu
bundled bacula 9 packages before doing  the apt-get install bacula-mysql
for the Community 13 release, otherwise there are package conflicts.

So after removing the old packages, apt-get install bacula-mysql tires
to install the mysql bacula database. It gets caught at

mysql said: ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 9: Table 'TagJob' already exists

I imagine if I removed that table it would just get caught at the next one.

Its not really clear on how to proceed preserving the current database 9
info and letting 13 do the update job.

OK, try this.

- DUMP the bacula schema using mysqldump or your database dump tool of choice. (Personally I prefer mydumper.)
- Then DROP the bacula DB.
- Then run apt-get install bacula-mysql.
- You MIGHT need to drop the bacula schema *again* at this point. to be safe.
- Then RESTORE the bacula schema from your dump.
- Then run update_mysql_tables to update your v9 Bacula DB to v13.

That should put you where you need to be, and in the worst case, you have a dump of your bacula DB in the event you have to roll back.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications