I have previously set up bacula and bacularis on Rocky Linux 9. At the time
I ran into issues giving bacularis access to bacula's postgresql database.
I didn't know the bacula database password. At that time I set the
postgresql pg_hba.conf file to use "trust". However I am concerned that
this isn't a good security best practice.

I am setting up a second bacula / Bacularis system and I'd like to revisit
this postgres authentication issue so I can follow best practice better.

The bacularis documentation doesn't make it clear how I am supposed to
authenticate bacularis to bacula's database.

I suspect there is a process that is obvious to many others and not to me.

Does anyone here have suggestions for how I might authenticate bacularis to
the bacula database?

Robert Gerber
402-237-8692
r...@craeon.net