Em 02/04/2024 19:58, Bill Arlofski via Bacula-users escreveu:
On 4/2/24 12:01 PM, Roberto Greiner wrote:
Hi,

I've installed Bacula recently in a server with a 7TB RAID5 storage, and
a LTO-6 tape unit.

I have configured 9 remote servers (most Linux, one Windows) to have the
backup made in this server in the disk storage, and I'm finish to
understand how to do the tape backup. Now, I have a question about
making the backup into both destinations.

I have the following setup for JobsDef:

JobDefs {
    Name = "DefaultJob"
    Type = Backup
    Level = Incremental
    Client = bacula2-fd
    FileSet = "Full Set"
    Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
    Storage = FileAligned
    Messages = Standard
    Pool = File
    SpoolAttributes = yes
    Priority = 10
    Write Bootstrap = "/opt/bacula/working/%c.bsr"
}

Then I added a server to have the backup, let's say (it's a linux,
despite the name):

Job {
    Name = "AD"
    JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
    Client = ad-fd
    FileSet = "etc"
}

This will, obviously go to the dedup-disk storage. The question is, how
should I add the tape setup? Is there a way to add a couple of lines to
the job definition above so that the backup goes to both systems? Should
I create a separate job definition for the tape backup? Some other way I
didn't consider?

Thanks,

Roberto

PS: The storage definitions for the disk and tape destinations:

Storage {
    Name = FileAligned
    Address = bacula2
    SDPort = 9103
    Password = "............................"
    Device = Aligned-Disk
    Media Type = File1
}

Storage {
    Name = Fita
    Address = bacula2
    SDPort = 9103
    Password = "........................"
    Device = Ultrium
    Media Type = LTO
}

Hello Marcos,

With Bacula, there are almost always 10+ different ways to accomplish things, and/or to even think about them.

For example, you can override the Pool, Level, and Storage in a Schedule...

So, with this in mind, you might set your job to run Incs each weekday to disk, and then set the Fulls to run to tape on the weekend. (just one idea)

Another option is to use Copy jobs. With Copy jobs, you can run your Incs and Fulls to disk, then you can run a Copy job to copy your Incs, Fulls, or both to tape during normal working hours because Copy jobs do not make use of any Clients, so business productivity will not be affected on your server(s).

In your case, I would probably go with a Copy job. This way, you have your backups on disk for fast restores when needed, and you have the same data copied to new jobids onto tape - maybe with longer retention periods, for example.

Also have a look at the `SelectionType = PoolUncopiedJobs` feature for Copy jobs. This is a nice, handy "shortcut" to make sure that each of your jobs in some Pool is copied once, and only once to tape.

In this case, you can have two Copy jobs configured, one looking at your Full disk pool and one looking at your Inc disk pool and copying jobs that have not been copied.

OR, you can have one copy job running on a schedule where the Pool is overridden at two different times of the day to copy from the Full disk pool, and then also from the Inc disk pool.

OR... (lol I said 10, so I am working towards that number, and I am getting close :) ... You can have your normal backup jobs include a `RunScript {RunsWhen = after}` section which triggers an immediate copy of the job to tape as soon as it is completed.

So, I would start with a look at Copy jobs and see where that goes. :)

Feel free to ask more questions once you have taken a look at Copy jobs.

Hope this helps,
Bill

Yes, this helps A LOT. I will study the copy job option. It really seems perfect for my scenario.

Tks!!!!

Roberto

                Marcos Roberto Greiner

   Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos
    Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade
                             James Branch Cabell