Hello Steven,

Thanks for your question and feedback after installing the bacularis-web
container. I will try to explain it below.

For your question if the Bacularis Web wizard wants a Bacularis API - yes
Bacularis Web in this container connects to external Bacularis API.
Description and purpose of each of these container images you can find in
the "About this image" section in each of the Bacularis Docker Hub
repositories. This description for the 'bacularis-web' container is the
following:

====
It contains a pure the Bacularis web interface without API layer. It can be
used to connect external Bacularis API server(s) in containers or outside
them. If you would like to connect Bacularis API ran in containers, you can
use dedicated for this purpose images:

 - for File Daemons bacularis-api-fd,
 - for Storage Daemons bacularis-api-sd,
 - for Directors bacularis-api-dir.
====

The Bacularis Web to work needs at least one API host with bconsole and
catalog access (and Bacula configuration capability if needed). So you can
set up the Bacularis API in any way (installing binary packages, container,
Composer, tar archives) and then connect it using the wizard from the
bacularis-web container.

Worth mentioning is that for the Bacula configuration part Bacularis API
needs access to Bacula config files so easier is to work with Bacularis API
instances outside the container. Otherwise you need to bind the Bacula
configuration paths to Bacularis API container or use Bacula config files
from Bacula in container.

Your question also indicated me that this first step section needs to be
better explained in the documentation. I will try to prepare it soon.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Marcin Haba (gani)

On Mon, 8 Apr 2024 at 07:16, steven <ste...@graywitch.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Seeing the release I thought I would give bacularis a go.    I have the
> bacularis-web docker container running but I cant see any documentation
> telling me how to connect it to my existing bacula setup.
>
> The wizard wants a baculum API?  but this isnt explained.
>
> Is there any set by set explanation of how to connect the bacularis-web
> docker container to an existing bacula setup ?
>

> TY

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for
his friends." Jesus Christ

"Większej miłości nikt nie ma nad tę, jak gdy kto życie swoje kładzie
za przyjaciół swoich." Jezus Chrystus