Thanks Rob,

appreciate the answer, some very interesting, how ever my main problem is that part of the back needs to be done via the Bacuka Windows agent if i understand the documentation correctly, the windows agent is the only way to do backups via VSS on a windows machine so that the ACL attributes of windows files and folders can be preserved Or have i missunderstood?? Is it possible to mount shares to the Liux server and still use VSS and preserve the ACL attribues and back up to another mounted windows share??

BTW, i forgot to mention that i am using Bacula community version for the testing, I will go for the enterprise version if i can show that Bacula can do what we need but the free period of Bacula enterprise is simply too short to do something that convinces management

Sincerely /Mehrdad

On 2024-04-16 18:55, Rob Gerber wrote:
Oh!

One thing I forgot to mention: if you do not define the file, job, or volume retention periods, this does not mean that everything will be retained forever. Instead, bacula uses the default retention periods (I think they are 365 days, not sure).

Any volume or job retention period specified in a pool resource overrides the volume or job retention periods specified elsewhere.

Robert Gerber
402-237-8692
r...@craeon.net <mailto:r...@craeon.net>