Em 23/04/2024 04:34, Radosław Korzeniewski escreveu:
Hello,

śr., 17 kwi 2024 o 14:01 Roberto Greiner <mrgrei...@gmail.com> napisał(a):

    The error is at the end of the page, where it says that you can
    see how
    much space is being used using 'df -h', but the problem is that df
    can't
    actually see the space gain from dedup, it shows how much would be
    used
    without dedup.

This command (df -h) shows how much allocated and free space is available on the filesystem. So when you have a dedup ratio 20:1, and you wrote 20TB, then your df command shows 1TB allocated.

But that is the exact problem I had. df did NOT show 1TB allocated. It indicated 20TB allocated (yes, in ZFS).

Yes, zpool list shows you the exact Dedup ratio achieved without additional checking or counting. But this command (as mentioned by Heitor) will work with ZFS only. Aligned volumes can be used with external deduplication appliances where zpool command is unavailable. Then you can quickly check with the df -h command.

Yes zpool listed all the information properly, both the actually allocated space and the dedup ratio, and as I said, in ZFS, df is not showing the correct information (in an Ubuntu 22.04 and ZFS environment).

Thank you,

Roberto