I would not say 'insane' but the term 'unhealthy' will do. Microsoft
publishes fixes for numerous 'exploits' (newspeech for 'bug'), at least
one of them is a really nasty one - "the knowledge needed to exploit
this is available".
What I'm worried about is not the quality of bugfixes, its the shrinking
time between a bug found and the exploit being abused. So MS has to
fix things fast. I guess patches are not patches in terms of the update
technology used anymore, it tends to be a base of software development.
I fear that what you get is a patchwork, with unpredictable side effects.

The Windows XP fixes I receive every month already have the size of
Windows 95. I wonder if in some years we will have local bootloaders
only that load the OS from MS Servers every time we reboot...
Is this the future? Will I have to reboot once a day then? Or every time
I get a coffee?

    fra

links:
http://tinyurl.com/d4lovo