At 4:38 PM -0500 1/2/05, Gilberto Simpson wrote:
>3. More generally, if you really look at Sufism and realize that it is
>a living part of Islam, and really appreciate its function, then I
>think it is alot harder for Bahais to make the case that Islam (in the
>sense of following the Quran, and sunnah, and the Shariah conveyed by
>Muhammad) is finished, or expired, or no longer relevant.

I have never liked these characterizations of previous religions.  In my
opinion, a better term wuld have to do with relevance or propriety.  The
teachings of Baha'u'llah are more relevant to the needs of the 1000 years
from His manifestation than that of the other religions.

I also think that many Baha'is will be shocked when they reach the next
world and find the number of non-Baha'is who are on the same spiritual
level as they are.  In my perspective, being a Baha'i does not guarantee
'salvation', it only makes it easier.

Don C

He who believes himself spiritual proves he is not.