Gilberto:

>>Yeah, I see what you are saying. But personally I wouldn't be as
generous. I would say mainstream Christianity represents a significant
departure from Jesus' original teaching. And I think Paul was largely
responsible for the shift.<<

At the same time, don't you think the mainstream Muslims represent a
significant departure from Prophet Muhammad Teachings? Please carefully
observe majority of Muslims in Muslim countries and the fatwas of Islamic
scholars during last century or so.

In another email you quoted:
"I wouldn't say it was "necessary". Even in the time of the prophet Muhammad
there were Hanifs, spiritual people who had rejected the idolatry around
them and were worshiping the one true God. Even in the time of Jesus, there
were spiritual communities of Jews who had a pretty deep understanding of
the law and had a healthy attitude towards the law."

I agree here with you and even at the time of Baha'u'llah there were
spiritual Muslims and Christians. Even today there are some spiritual people
among the followers of all the past religions. But we are talking about
mainstream as you mentioned.

Regards,
Firouz

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.