The Baha'i Studies Listserv
I have been avidly watching this conversation unfold, as the question of CB
sites had come up just days before.

I subscribe to Google alerts for Bahai articles and videos.  Some of
the sites I've visited look absolutely legitimate but still, I get a funny
feeling.  Often, I can't identify anything what feels wrong.

 I, too, am a relatively isolated believer with no LSA.  There are a handful
of us scattered across two counties but in different incorporated & rural
areas.  Although we keep the calendar together, we can't form a group.  Our
oldest member - in her 90s! - brought up the topic at last Feast.  One of
the group served several years on the Arc project in Haifa but she had no
idea who is our ABM for Protection.  (I've since learned by writing an old
friend.)

I would appreciate clear guidance on how to recognize the wheat from the
chaff!  I don't want to assume wrongly about a dedicated soul trying to
share the Faith, but there is so much out there.  I've been a Bahai 15 years
with no easy access to a wide variety of materials until recently -
the internet in the last year.  I feel somewhat anxious wandering loose on
the web because I'm old enough to understand how subtle and insidious the
damage can be!  I'm very grateful I was well grounded in my faith before
finding these questionable "sources" - how would I know which to trust as a
new believer when I don't know even now?

Kathryn

"Dedicate the precious days of your lives to the betterment of the world". ~
Bahá’u’lláh
"I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know;
the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who
have sought and found how to serve."    ~ Albert Schweitzer

www.bahai.org