From looking at a few of Zaynu'l Muqarrabin' questions in Q & A it isn't at
all apparent what his question actually is. I don't know if he just assumed that Baha'u'llah was all-knowing and would thus know what he wanted to know, or whether his questions have been edited. Here's what I mean:

"Again inquiry hath been made about the inheritance of the teacher"

"Concerning mosques, chapels and temples"

"A further question on divorce" (and the question is?)

"Concerning inheritance" (another question about inheritance with no indication of what he wants to know)

Why didn't Zaynu'l Muqarrabin fail to clarify himself? What made him think that Baha'u'llah's initial thought on seeing such questions wouldn't be "Yes, and your question is?" Often it is clear what he wants to know, but "A further question on divorce," with no question asked, isn't very helpful.

David

Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra Jetstream @ http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !

__________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Web - http://list.jccc.net/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.net/bahai-st http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist (public) http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED] (public)