David,

At 04:34 AM 1/19/2004, you wrote:
>>Jesus appears to be saying "Follow me, and leave the spiritually dead (those who
>>don't follow Jesus) to bury the physically dead."<<

It appears to me that Jesus might have been saying, in response to a fellow who wanted
to bury his father (literally), that the dead (those who are not in Christ) should
bury the dead (this man's father who was both physically and spiritually dead). In
other words, it may have been an example of double entendre.

Mark A. Foster * http://MarkFoster.net
http://CompuServe.MarkFoster.name