Shoghi Effendi seems quite clear that Baha'is should always capitalize pronouns in reference to the Manifestations or 'Abdu'l-Baha, including when others won't share our beliefs. I would just like to make sure I understand this issue correctly. Are Baha'is allowed to not capitalize pronouns when writing in an academic context, or must they do so regardless? Certainly it would look odd for a historian to capitalize pronouns when referring to Baha'u'llah but not, say, Joseph Smith. A historian can only say that Baha'u'llah claimed to be a Manifestation, not that He was one.

Regards,

David

Find your perfect match @ http://personals.xtramsn.co.nz with XtraMSN Personals!

__________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Web - http://list.jccc.net/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.net/bahai-st http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist (public) http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED] (public)