David,

At 02:39 AM 1/27/2004, you wrote:
>>How exactly could anyone have possibly figured this prophecy out in advance?<<

I don't think that prophecies are necessarily figured out in advance. They are
warnings, often given in veiled, or partially veiled, language, of what may
(conditional prophecies) or will (decreed prophecies) occur. The full or partial
veiling may prevent complete understanding until after the prophecy, or a portion of
the prophecy (as in the case of prophetic "types"), has been fulfilled and explained
by the Prophet or His successors.

Mark A. Foster * http://MarkFoster.net
http://CompuServe.MarkFoster.name