Hi,

I tried that too but it also  for some reasons fails to capture scp output
although it can capture things like ping.
command.getstatusoutput  returns exit code but not the string.

KartheeK

gnuyoga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: KartheeK wrote:
> Hi Anand,
>
> This works for ls, I also tried it to capture ping.
> But for some unknown reasons it is not able to capture scp's output.
> The variable f is  empty.
>
> KartheeK

u have to get the standard error stream as well

u can take a look at commands module

ex:

import commands
print commands.getoutput('ls')

commands.getoutput returns output stream + error stream

- sree

--
http://picasaweb.google.com/gnuyoga

Each soul is potentially divine. The goal is to manifest the divine by
controlling nature, internal or external. Do this by work or worship or psychic
control or philosophy by one or more, or all of these and be free.