Most of the top IT companies in India thinks thats "Python is for hippies" and
less availability of workers stronger their reluctant to try hands on Python.
Moreover they've clients in Suits and happy with Java and other Suits type
Porgramming language and Frameworks.

BTW I'm not in any kind of IT industry but in reseach industry Python is
cutting development and verification time.

*Suits - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suit_(clothing)

--
Deepak