On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Nitin Kumar <nitin.n...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We use VMWare virtual machine for testing purpose with script in Python.
> We want to test some USB functionality, Ex: "When USB is plugged In, we
> expect a Pop up".
>
> So need to simulate USB on VM, Is this possible using python (or any 3rd
> party module of python)? If then please suggest.
>
> --
> Nitin K

The ''pop-up on USB plugged in'' is part of a OS hook that each OS provides
for. So if you are running XP inside a VMWare session, the easiest way to
do this in Python would be to tap into the win32 api using PyWin32. google
for 'pywin32' and "USB plug n play enumeration in XP".

hope this helps..

--
Thanks and best regards,
Vishal Sapre