> Thoughts ? Any other ways to facilitate this ?
>
> [1]: https://meetup.com/bangpypers

​i think we are thinking too much into something which has been not an non
issue and the whole thread has construed into something which it was never
the intent of OP :-) this is how we handle these scenarios .

1. no direct pitches
2​. have meetup in neutral place as far as possible
3. let people who are there to hire identify themselves and work towards
selling whatever in the meetup in an informal way when networking.
4. Company people as individuals are encouraged  to talk about open source
contributions while giving a talk , and job offerings in a very subtle way .
5. bottom line offering jobs is good for ecosystem we are not living in
Utopian society and while the rules of engagement are agreed upon by both
parties , this should be encouraged to a level not to get overwhelmed by
 the whole concept .

​cheers​

-Satya
Satyaakam.net <http://satyaakam.net/> | fossevents.in |