The ring finger isn't demonic at all ;-).
I have put online an example of the Dresden ms (S-C 25,7: Sarabande in Bb -
Reich/248), where we can see in Silvius handwriting, that he used the ring
finger for an arpeggio (last line).
http://www.slweiss.de/RH_Dl248.jpg

1) It is necessary to work on the spreading of the fingers. There are examples,
where index and middle finger have to been spread quite far.
2) Both are possible

Best
Markus

--