Hello Per Kjetil,
the Uffenbach quote is very interesting.

Uffenbach is a very interesting person regarding lute playing - I think that most of his writings is not yet checked systematically on this. From Uffenbach there are many quotes that relate to lute players (French lutenists, Weiss and others), he met on his many voyages.

The 20 pieces for Angelique are probably in the  source a) Tim mentions.

Best regards
Markus

Per Kjetil Farstad schrieb:
   Hello Gregory

   In addition to the information given by Markus, Blovin is also
   mentioned in

   In Eberhardt Preussner,  Die musikalischen Reisen des Herrn von
   Uffenbach, aus einem Reisetagebuch des Johann Friedrich A. von
   Uffenbach aus Frankfurt a. M. 1712-1716, p. 79, we get this
   information:

   While in Italy (Rome) Uffenbach met Julien Bloivin, a competent lute
   player who became Uffenbach's teacher. Bloivin was French and belonged
   to the Pope's guard. He was one of a very few lutenists in Rome at that
   time (1715) and is said to have played cleanly and clearly.

   James Tyler, in his book "The Guitar and its Music" mentions 20 pieces
   for angA(c)lique, an MS (no shelf no.) belonging to Julien Blovin,  now
   in Germany- Mainz, private library of Helmut Federhofer (Meyer 1994, p.
   202)

   Best regards from Per Kjetil Farstad

   [1]www.pkfarstad.com