Dear lute friends,

I have completed my home amateur recordings of a suite in g minor composed
by Mr. John Lawrence. The four pieces are written in the lute tablature
manuscript MS Egerton 2046 (British Library, London). All pieces are in the
Accords Nouveaux ’Tuning Lawrence’ (g’,d’,b,g,d,A,G,F,Es,D,C) as it is named
in the manuscript (the manuscript dates from 1615 to 1635 and is known for
its famous renaissance lute pieces).
The four pieces are: A Ballat (https://youtu.be/L9aYxKsh9GU), a Coranto
(https://youtu.be/0r917fCRjaI), a Sarabande (https://youtu.be/HqJVrMH4mQo),
and a Pavane (https://youtu.be/iXbCMmhuv-E).
Between 1625 and 1634, John Lawrence has been a musician for the lutes and
voices at the English court of King Charles I in London. It is known that
Lawrence’s position in the ’Symphony’ at the court of King Charles I was the
treble lute, and his salary was £10.
I look forward to your comment and suggestions.

Happy New Year from Vienna,
Bernhard.