Very relevant comparison Rob, and I also notice that on my 11C lute,
   the sustain of the new Aquila basses is almost identical to that of my
   Venice octaves (which presumably would not be the case with the
   Savarez. I imagine they would drone on longer if not stopped); but
   again if I pluck courses D10 and d2 together, they also have the same
   sustain. I think this shows how well the new basses work together with
   the other strings, rather than against them, as with wirewounds.
   I also find that they are fairly close to my Venice loaded basses
   (rather than the stiffer first generation HT loaded), but with better
   resonance patterns, and even more elasticity. I did have to alter my
   playing slightly to allow for this. Those coming from stiffer
   wirewounds may have more adapting to do, but will probably find this
   worthwhile; yet these very elastic basses may not work quite so well
   for low tension players, who could have adapted their technique to
   stiffer pure gut (HT or roped), Gimped, or even KF harp strings. It
   might be interesting to hear from players coming from different playing
   styles.
   Best regards
   Anthony

   Le 8 janv. 2017 à 16:59, Rob MacKillop <[1]robmackil...@gmail.com> a