On Sat, Aug 04, 2007 at 01:48:13PM -0400, Martin Owens wrote:
> OK here is a more scientific assessment:

Finally took a look at this... sorry for the delay, and thank you
for the feedback and testing!

> Fields not translated when filled in on phone, opensync'ed to file on
> computer, copied and sync'ed back to phone as a new contact:
>
> Missing: Image,

Image is not yet supported.  I haven't actually tested to see what
format the image on the Blackberry is.  The data is retrieved by the
library, if anyone wants to take a look.

> WorkPhoneNumber2, HomePhoneNumber2,

There doesn't seem to be a "Phone2" style for the TEL field in the
vcard30 format.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2426#section-3.3.1

Perhaps just having two TEL entries would work, but needs more testing
on my part.

> Categories,

There's no guarantee that the categories in the desktop software
match the categories in the handheld.  This had the potential of
expanding to a lot more code, which is why it wasn't included
initially.

This looks like a simple string, now that I look at it, so
this should be fixed soon. :-)

> UserField1, UserField2, UserField3, UserField4

What would these map to on the desktop side?  Seems rather arbitrary.

> Corrupt: None
>
> >From KAddressBook, Contact created, all fields filled and exported as
> vcard, contact added to file sync directory and sync to phone:
>
> Missing: Image,
> Job Title,

JobTitle should be there... I'm testing with Evolution, so I maybe
missing something.  I'll test with KAddressBook too.

> HomePhoneNumber, HomePhoneNumber2, Mobile, Pager, Fax,

These should all be there too, except for "Phone2".

The plugin only checked for vcard type codes in lower case, and
this has been fixed in the plugin now.  Hopefully these fields
will show up, as they would have been ignored due to the bug.

> Corrupt: HomeAddress1 > Contains data from PO Box Field (PO Box field
> exists in kaddressbook but not in phone)

This was a bug, and has been fixed in CVS.

Address1 now maps to the Street Address in vcard.
Address2 now maps to the Extended Address in vcard.
Address3 now maps to the PO Box in vcard.

Unfortunately, there is no PO Box field in the Blackberry (at least
on the 7700 that I'm testing with... I don't have a Pearl handy
at the moment).

- Chris