On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 01:50:37PM -0700, Yigal Weinstein wrote:
> I'm really unsure if this is the desired output as I am totally
> unfamiliar with debugging,
>
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x00002b85bdd27a70 in ?? () from /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
> #1  0x00002b85bf9088d9 in ?? ()
> #2  0x0000000000657000 in ?? ()
> #3  0x0000000000642a90 in ?? ()
> #4  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()

Thanks for rerunning this!  It looks like the crash is reproducable,
so that's good news.

The above is usually the result of the programs and libraries
missing debug information.  Opensync, msynctool, and the barry library
and plugin need this.

As you're compiling Barry from CVS, this likely already has debug info.
Just make sure that you see the -g option in the compiler lines flying by.

As for opensync, if you installed via binary package, try to find the
matching debug packages that go along with them, and install them as well.

If you built it from source, you'll need to recompile with the -g option.
if you need hints, just let me know.

As far as I can see, the crash is happening somewhere inside opensync.
I can't seem to get it to crash here on my system, so if there is anything
I can do to help you get more debug info, just ask.

Thanks,
- Chris