On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 09:28:17PM +0100, Simon Ruggier wrote:
> According to LDD3 chapter 13 (http://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/), multiple
> configuration devices are rare, and interfaces can be claimed by
> separate drivers (i.e. I have a Logitech webcam with a mic in it, and
> an ALSA driver handles the mic while the quickcam module handles the
> video).  This implies that you should see if the default configuration
> (or some other one) supports both mass storage and syncing interfaces,
> and then code Barry to co-exist with the mass storage driver by only
> claiming the interface(s) you need.

I am only claiming the interface I need.  Barry only ever needs
interface class 255, for Database access.

Martin was saying on irc that perhaps I don't need to call
set_configuration() at all, since config 1 is usually selected by default,
and setting it again is like pulling the rug out from under usb_storage.
(and therefore I get the Device Busy error)

I'm trying to determine if there is a way to read the current config
through libusb, in order to avoid calling set_configuration() if it is
already using #1.

> I might not be understanding the situation correctly, I haven't looked
> at any USB related code yet and I'm only somewhat familiar with these
> concepts so far, so I apologize if the above paragraph is useless.

No worries.  Many eyes make all bugs shallow, as they say. :-)

- Chris