On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 04:45:48PM -0500, Michael L. Stokes wrote:
> If I try to use the connect script in rogers.peer, I get an immediate
> error on the chat script.
> I know that the ppp config I use with XmBlackBerry said not to use the
> 'AT+cGDCONT=1 ...'
> command as Verizon doesn't want to see it.  All I know is tha I dont
> need it.

Thanks!  That's good to know.  Once you get this working, could you send
your chatscript to me?  I'd like to include samples for as many ISP's
as possible.

> This seems to work fine.  I connected to the other side, but I could not
> ping the other side of the
> point-to-point by ip address.  I looked through the logs
> (/var/log/messages) and saw nothing that
> would indicate a problem.  ifconfig ppp0 reports a local and remote ip
> address just fine.  The BB
> screen shown that I was connected as a modem unlike XmBlackBerry that
> shows you are connected
> as a desktop.  Any recommendations? Things to check?

I am unable to ping the IP either, but that doesn't stop me from actually
surfing to places, so I assumed at the time that perhaps it was just
a filter on the ISP side.  Perhaps I should look into this more closely.

Did your default route get setup automatically?   (/sbin/route -n)

If you have an IP address, the hardest part should be over.  Have you
tried browsing to a website?

Thanks for the feedback,
- Chris