On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:18:45PM -0400, Joseph Watson wrote:
> I am new to this project and am trying to get my blackberry talking to my
> Linux box.

Welcome!

> I just bought a new Blackberry Curve from Verizon Wireless (8330).
>
> I plug it in and two things work without problem.  It charges (but I don't
> know at what power setting).  USB Mass Storage mode works flawlessly.

Noting the lsusb -v output you included:

>     MaxPower              500mA

It looks like it is charging just fine.

> I would like to get Barry working though.  It appears to me that the usb
> idProduct is different for this device.  btool does not recognize it as a
> blackberry device.

That's correct.  There are a number of new devices that have this new
Product ID.  I'm working on the upcoming version 0.13 which adds support
for IP modem and the new Product ID's, but as I don't yet have one of these
new devices to test with, I would _greatly_ appreciate it if you could
grab the latest CVS and try it with your device.

Just ask if you need assistance compiling it.

There have been a number of reports in the Sourceforge tracker regarding
these new devices too, and how they don't work so well when Mass Storage
is also active.  But you won't know until you try. :-)

- Chris