On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 12:28:26AM -0500, Michael L. Stokes wrote:
> Chris,
>
> My Blackberry was recently changed so that I have to use a password to
> unlock the device.  I can longer
> tether my computer to it.  Ia'm guessing I'll have to send the
> blackberry this password when calling pppob.
> Is there support for this, and if so, please tell me what I need to know.

Hi Michael,

You'll need to get the latest CVS version of Barry, and then use the
-P command line option to specify your password.  This is specified
in the pppd options file you use to connect, on the pty line.  Put the
entire command in quotes:

        pty "/usr/sbin/pppob -P password"

The password option is experimental, and may not work on all devices.
Andy Herkey, who implemented this feature, reports success on the 8703e.

If you have trouble, please add verbose protocol data, and post it to the
mailing list:

        pty "/usr/sbin/pppob -vP password"

Good luck,
- Chris