On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 10:34:28AM +0200, Reinhold Schoeb wrote:
> Since barry is now running with my BB8800, I installed it on three Linux
> systems. Now I got a very strange behaviour :
>
> Barry runs without any problems on my Debian Sid amd86 Desktop at home.
> But with my Debian Sid amd64 Desktop and my Debian Sid i32 Laptop at work
> I get always resets of my BB8800 after or while running Barry.

Very interesting.  Thanks for reporting this!

Some things to try:

1) Try running "udevmonitor" on an otherwise idle system.  Make sure you don't
        see any new messages, and then run btool.  Watch to see what
        messages appear when the BB resets.  If new messages appear,
        please send them to the list.

2) Could you send me your kernel .config files for the system that works
        and the one that doesn't?  Are they using different kernel versions?

Thanks,
- Chris