On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:34:15AM +0200, Andreas Borutta wrote:
> OK. First, I think, the problem, that the device is not found, has to
> be solved.

Very true.  It almost sounds like you're running into the same issue
that Hal Burgiss is experiencing in a recent thread.  I'm waiting to
hear if a firmware update on his device helps him at all.

> No, it is not in the list.
> Again, I checked, if my USB stick is working at the same port. It
> does.
>
> Please let me know, if I should post part of the output of "lusb -v"?

If you can't find "Research in Motion" in the list, this needs to be
fixed first.

Be sure to run lsusb -v as root, just to help eliminate any possible
permissions issues.

- Chris