Hello
Compiling barry for Android is not trivial.
The two main problems we encountered are barry's dependencies and the
lack of some features in Android's C and C++ support (mainly
exceptions). What we had to do was to compile statically the binary we
were interested in, statically linked with another version of the libc
and statically linked with barry's other dependencies. The binary is
bigger (and maybe slower, don't know) but it was the least painful
solution we could think of.

On 09/16/11 09:17, Chris Frey wrote:
> Hi Ganesh,
>
> This is a good question to keep on the mailing list, for future reference,
> so I've CC'd the list as well.
>
> As for cross compiling, I believe it is simply a matter of overriding the
> configure variables for CC and CXX.  I haven't done this myself, though,
> so there are probably details I'm missing.
>
> You shouldn't have to write your own Makefile, unless Android cross-compiling
> cannot use autoconf for some reason.
>
> Please keep us posted on your progress!
>
> - Chris
>

> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 12:28:11PM +0530, ganesh hegde wrote:
>> Dear Chris,
>>
>> I am currently working on Barry porting on android.
>> My primary task is to cross compile barry for android 2.1 running over linux
>> 2.6.28 and ARM Processor.
>> Because I have to connect my Blackberry phone to android device through
>> USB. So android device has to detect the my phone.
>>
>> Please suggest me how to write barry make file for android so that it will
>> include all the dependencies for barry.
>> and what is the procedure to cross compile it for android?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ganesh Hegde

Nicolas CARRIER - 6081 - 2ème centre