On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 08:51:41PM -0500, Chris Frey wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 03:46:08PM +0000, Christian Brassat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I managed to compile Barry on CRUX, but when running barrybackup to
> > restore my Curve 9300, I'm running into problems. As soon as the program
> > starts up, I get an "Controller: requested mode not supported" error.
> >
> > Full output of barrybackup -d can be found here:
> > http://paste.pocoo.org/show/521996
> >
> > I think this is related to "Controller: Using non-threaded sockets",
> > since I get the same error when running btool -z, while everything is
> > fine with btool -Z.
>
> Hi Christian,
>
> Sorry for the delay... I've been sick for about a week.
>
> Could you add a -v to the btool command line that succeeds and post that
> as well?
>
> It is relatively easy to convert barrybackup to use threaded sockets too,
> but we might as well find out what the protocol issue is here, and fix
> that.  If you're in a hurry, though, let me know and I can post a patch
> for threaded-socket barrybackup.
>
> Thanks,
> - Chris

Hey Chris,

Actually I was in a *real* hurry to get it working again, since it's a
company phone. So I ended up using RIM's official Windows software. The
phone has since gone back to it's assigned employee, but I can see if I
can borrow another one for testing purposes, there's about 20 of them
going around the company.

Christian

--
I used to have a signature. But it was too embarassed to be seen with me.