On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 08:24:58AM -0700, Jeremy Gabriel wrote:
> I installed Barry Desktop through the Ubuntu Software Centre but when I try
> to connect my BlackBerry Q10 it gives me an error message saying the

Hi Jeremy,

Sadly, I must stop you here, since Barry does not support devices
of the new Z10 line, including the Q10.

For the Z10/Q10 devices, you may wish to look into OwnCloud and setup
your own private cloud, which, as I understand it, these devices support.

See Nicolas Vivien's message on this here:
        http://sourceforge.net/p/barry/mailman/barry-devel/?viewmonth=201311

> OpenSync libraries are missing and that sync will be disabled until it,

There is no maintainer for Debian OpenSync packages, so syncing is
disabled in the official Debian Barry packages, and this is the same
situation for Ubuntu.

> along with other missing plugins, is installed. I went to netdirect.ca but
> found that the installation instructions only provide code up to Ubuntu
> 12.04 (ie http://download.barry.netdirect.ca/barry-latest/squeeze main -- I
> can't replace 'squeeze' with 'ubuntu1404').
>
> Has the Barry software been updated for 14.04 yet (I know its still new)?
> Would it still work if stuck with ubuntu1204?

The netdirect versions of the packages which do have opensync enabled
(available at sourceforge.net) have not yet been updated to 14.04.
There are no plans to do so yet.

- Chris