Ok, I thought about this and I came up with some kind of a solution.

Ask the user to use the data exporter to store the data in a file. (so it
will appear in his directories and files).
Then i can create a webservice (in java) that can login to Base and can
retrieve the file given the folder it is stored in.
>From my other app. , I can ask for username, pwd, the file folder and
filename, send this to my webservice which retrieves the data.

The only remaining question is: how can my webservice get to the "files and
directories"?
One possibility is, i think, to get it using it's url. That would be
http://someserver/Base/filemanager/files/view/<sessionID>/home/<userID>/folder1/folder2/file.txt
.

Is it the session id between view/ and /home?

thx for all your help,

Peter