Hello,

We have been exporting some experiments lately to ArrayExpress and
noticed that protocols need to have their own ArrayExpress IDs.
Currently we have to add them manually to export file generated in BASE
(Tab2MageExporter), but it would be fairly easy to have it done
automatically by the plugin. If there only was a place to store it in
BASE2...

Would it be possible to have it as externalId (like BioMaterials have)?
Or maybe it is better to enable annotations for protocols? This way it
would be possible to add even more "programaticaly accessible"
information to protocols. How do you think: which of these two is easier
to implement? And which one makes more sense?

If any of these is straight-forward enough, I will probably go for a
hack like additional column in Protocols table, using description field
or similar, but I don't really like hack solutions. Thus, if you are
also interested in implementing such a functionality, I am willing to
contribute some code/time.

All the best
Pawel