On 2014-09-05 12:30, Bob MacCallum wrote:
> Hello BASE devs and users,
>
> I didn't post this to the users list because I'm 99% sure there isn't a
> GUI way to add/remove inherited annotations (in our case inheriting
> annots from BioSources to Physical Bioassays).  But please correct me if
> I'm wrong, Nicklas.

There is no GUI for doing batch modifications, you'll have to do it for
one item at a time.

> We're doing a bit of a spring clean and would like to re-inherit annots
> for a few hundred hybs - as a one-off event but we don't really want to
> get RSI through the GUI ;-)
>
> Does anyone have/know of some code that NickH and I could modify for our
> purpose (just to save some time).

The only place I can think of is the feature that let's you inherit
annotations to all raw bioassays in an experiment. Basically it calls
AnnotationSet.autoInherit()
(http://base.thep.lu.se/browser/tags/3.3/src/core/net/sf/basedb/core/AnnotationSet.java#L869)

for each raw bioassay in the experiment and passing in the set of
annotation types selected as "experimental factors". It doesn't remove
or replace existing inherited annotations.

/Nicklas