There is one place that i found the linkage of the RawBioAssay to the original file.. the job parameters.. when you import data into the RawBioAssay it creates a job that details the RawBioAssay and the file path.. however, users can delete the jobs and thus
wipe out the connection.. ( which i have done as well )

however, we will soon be storing large files which will not be loaded into the database per se, but would like to retrieve them based on the meta data in BASE2.. thus no jobs will be created, unless i create a bogus plugin importer just to make a file to RawBioAssay connection.

it seems less of a hack, but not much, to instead create an annotation field named File that describes
the RawBioAssay and place the file path there.

-keith

Nicklas Nordborg wrote:
Charles Girardot wrote:
Hi Nicklas,

I might have missed something as I am not using BASE2 now and haven't investigated in details. I have a comment on this thread : Very often people come up with some logics in naming their files and, in the context of re-exporting them (eg, submission), they like to see file having original names. They might be various other situation where having the same name is good. I think you should keep original names somewhere like in BASE1, it makes things easier.

When you upload files the original filename is kept in the database. There is however no information that links a rawbioassay to the file that was used for importing the data. It has nothing to do with the file names.

/Nicklas

Am I off track?

Cheers

Charles