>  > one thing that comes to my mind and that could explain both the 'table
>  > exists' error and the duplication issue is that each job is for some
>  > reason executed twice (and at the same time). It shouldn't happen, but I
>  > remember that we had some problems when running test programs and still
>  > having the web server's job queue active. Every now and then the web
>  > server would start executing a job that was also started by our test
>  > program. Some times the one executing on the web server would fail and
>  > some times the test program. So, do you have any job agents installed,
>  > or multiple web applications, or anything else that is executing jobs
>  > from the job queue?
>
> yes we do have some prototype web apps run from separate tomcats which use
> instances of the BASE application.  I have killed them and did another
> filtering and got only one result - no more duplication!
>
> On starting one tomcat and BASE-related webapp again I still don't get
> duplication.
>
> I'll post back here again if we see duplication again and can recreate the
> conditions.  In the meantime, all seems OK again.

I think this is a problem with the how the job queue start jobs. We'll
check if we can reproduce it here as well. Having multiple web servers
connecting to the same database could be a useful setup in some
situations. In the meantime, the recommendation must be to disable the
internal job queue in all but one of the Tomcat instances.

http://base.thep.lu.se/ticket/887

/Nicklas