Moore, Jay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the latest base2 installed, Mac OS X 10.5, java 1.6.0, Tomcat
>
> I can start and stop Tomcat, but I get the following message on shutdown
> in logs/catalina.out:
>
> SEVERE: IOException while saving persisted sessions:
> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> /Library/Tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/base2/SESSIONS.ser (No such file
> or directory)
>
> I think the result will be that the base2 sessions do not survive a
> Tomcat restart.  The other directories in ...localhost (axis2, docs,
> examples etc) all persist through the shutdown.

BASE is not using Tomcat session, so it is not expected that sessions
should survive a restart. I have seen that message as well, but have not
investigated it further, since BASE doesn't really care if that file is
created or not.

> I have tried creating the ...localhost/base2 directory, and on Tomcat
> startup it gets populated with a file called axis22550core.aar but on
> shutdown, the directory gets deleted each time.
>
> The nearest I could find in Google was this thread:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg38924.html
>
> It seems that in this case it was a bug in axis.  Does anyone else see
> this problem?

Everything under the Tomcat/work directory is temporary files that
Tomcat needs for working properly. I guess it is normal for things to
appear/disappear.

/Nicklas