Hello,

We are thinking about migrating our BASE production server from MySQL to
PostgreSQL. The major reason is that PostgreSQL seems to have a lot more
interesting solutions for backup. We are particularly interested in the
WAL archiving solution. Possible combined with a "warm standby" server
which can then be used for SQL dumps without disturbing the main server.

We have a similar procedure for MySQL but it is not a "continuous"
backup in the first step and the SQL dump is taking far too long time.

So, if anyone has any experience with PostgreSQL we would love to hear
about your experience.

There is also a ticket related to the MySQL->PostgreSQL migration on our
website (http://base.thep.lu.se/ticket/1630). Any comments about that
are also welcome.

Thanks,
   Nicklas