On 2011-11-21, at 2:51 PM, Nicklas Nordborg wrote:

> On 2011-11-21 20:31, Nantel Andre wrote:
>> On 2011-11-21, at 2:13 PM, Nicklas Nordborg wrote:
>>
>>> The demo data set is a GenePix data set and for each spot the file
>>> contains the coordinates, reporter id and a lot of measured intensities
>>> and other values. So if your data is similar to this, then I think you
>>> don't need any special new importer. Use the generic "Raw data flat file
>>> importer" and make sure to map spot coordinates, reporter id and
>>> intensity columns that are in your data files.
>>>
>>> Maybe you can post a few lines from the files you are working with so I
>>> don't have to guess...
>>
>> Here is our data format. We never got the generic importer working even
>> after updating the raw-data-types.xml file to our version of the Imagene
>> files. When we try to use that, we get a "no plug-in" error.
>
> This is usually due to lack of permission for the logged in user. Make
> sure that the file format configuration has been shared properly.
>
> The file seems to be equivalent to and contain information that is very
> similar to GenePix files. I don't see any reason why the generic raw
> data importer shouldn't work in this case.

We don't have any "regular" users yet since we are still figuring out how it
works. I am doing everything from my administrator account.

Anyway that's all the time I can give to this problem until later this week.
This whole process has been much much more difficult than we expected. Please
don't take this the wrong way but it might be a problem for your team as well
if you ever hope to expand on your user base. It's not like we're new at this,
we've been using microarrays since 1999 but I was getting tired of sending
thousands of dollars to Agilent every year.

Thanks,