We have realized that migration from BASE 1.2 to BASE 2/3 is only
supported from a BASE 1.2 server running MySQL.

We do think that adding support for other database engines is possible
but we have not tested it and will not actively work on extending
migration support beyond what can be found in BASE 2.15. I simply write
this as information for interested users

The path forward to add support for BASE 1.2 migration from a non-MySQL
installation is to create a version of

http://base.thep.lu.se/browser/tags/2.15/config/dist/mysql-migration-queries.sql

for the database engine in use. Then change parameter queryStatementFile
in migrate.properties to point to your new sql definition file. Some
change in the migration code may be needed as well.

We cannot estimate how much work is needed to be successful.

Jari