Hi Jonathan,

This problem is related to Homebrew and Apple [1], and does not seem to be
solved yet.

There are alternatives, though. One solution that has been suggested by my
colleague Michael is to:

1. Uninstall the homebrew openjdk:
   brew uninstall openjdk --ignore-dependencies
2. Manual install Adoptium Open JDK (11 or later):
    https://adoptium.net:

See [2] for further information.

Hope this helps,
Christian