On Mon, 2014-01-06 at 21:15 +0100, jean-marc Mercier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I still can't connect to BaseX. I checked that I sent to the server exactly
> the same bytes than the C# connector that worked on my configuration.
>
> Is there any way to make the BaseX server echoing any input request on a
> particular socket to check exactly what my TCP connector is sending ?
I do have an old C program I wrote years ago that saves a copy of data
sent on a socket into a file; I wrote it for Unix but maybe it'd work
for you. There are some packages for Linux that do soemthing similar
too.

Make sure that you check the return value of every system call you use -
writing to a socket does not necessarily succeed. Make sure also that
your code connects to the right IP address and port - e.g. try
connecting to something like a Web server where you can see the logs,
and sending "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\nAccept: */*\r\n\r\n" at it. Forgetting to
convert addresses and port numbers to network order is sometimes an
issue.

Liam