On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 13:42:24 +0200
Marc van Grootel <marc.van.groo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will try to come up with a simple but representative example this evening.

Note, if you are proposing a change to the XQuery languuage itself, the XQuery
WG and the XSLT WG are aware of limitations in our syntax and the fact you
can't call a function with a signature like fn:concat() using a function item;
a concrete proposal would for sure be discussed by the Working Groups when they
next meet jointly in September, although it is almost certainly too late for
XQuery 3.1. The way to get it considered is to file a bugillza issue/bug; see
www.w3.org/XML/Query for pointers to doing that.

Liam

W3C staff participant for XQuery