In my link management application I'm creating a potentially large number
of small documents that will serve as a where-used index over the content
documents.

Are there any potential issues with how these documents are organized into
directories within database? The simplest thing would be to put them into
one directory but I could also organize them into one directory per
document used (which would then result in one directory per document that
has links to it, which in a DITA context would normally be one directory
for each document as every document save a few should have at least one
link to it).

So if I had a repository with a 100,000 topics, each with at least one
link, is it a problem to have either 100,000 * x files in one directory or
100,000 directories under one parent directory?

I didn't see anything in the docs about limitations or practices for
storing large numbers of documents.

Thanks,

Eliot

----